Welcome To Moscow Mills United Methodist Church
Sunday, July 14, 2024
Sunday Worship 9:00am - Sunday School 10:15am

About Us



                                    Church History

The Moscow Methodists first organized in 1886 with fourteen charter members using the Old Hubbard School as their meeting place. That membership grew to forty-five people and they moved to a building on Market Street in Moscow Mills which later burned. In 1904 some of the current land was purchased. The original portion of the current church building was constructed in 1911 including its stained glass windows. The front entrance was an arch way. The sanctuary had a rounded alter and three sections of curved pews. In the 1930's the men of the church dug the basement by hand and carried out the dirt in buckets. Many changes have been made since that time including the construction of a fellowship hall; addition of a church daycare center; and a multi-purpose building.